As of December 2019 the Pelibar has been closed due to lack of interest from the residents of the Pelikaanhof. However, because of renewed interest, after a number of months of consultation with DUWO, associations and other stakeholders, it was decided to renew the Pelibar and to open it up to the public again with some major adjustments. The most important improvements that have been made:
- Professional door policy inside and outside of the bar during all opening hours, to guarantee peace and quiet in the courtyard of the Pelikaanhof
- Small price increases to discourage excessive drinking
- Higher compensations for the board, so board members do not have to look for an extra job and can focus their attention completely on the proper functioning of the bar (and their studies of course)
- A renewed bar board with new vision
- New furniture, lighter painted inside of the bar
- More focused on the residents of the Pelikaanhof with the explicit aim of involving them in the bar
When is the reopening?
For now, the reopening is scheduled for the 13th of May 2019. This may still change!
If you have any questions, please contact us! We’ll be glad to answer any questions you have.